Today's 24/7 business environment puts pressure on companies of all sizes like never before. The ability to access information in an instant can make the difference between business success and failure. Scalable unified communications (UC) helps businesses address many of their top challenges by connecting people in more efficient and collaborative ways. UC is more than just a collection of individual tools; it's a strategy to help companies work smarter. Overall, the unified communications market is expected to grow to $61.9 billion by 2018, according to Transparency Market Research as reported in a recent eWeek article.
But UC systems are not intended to be one-size-fits-all solutions; for example, a global enterprise with thousands of employees has completely different communications needs than a credit union with one branch and 10 employees. Trying to shoehorn companies into a solution that's too big or too small creates issues that most companies simply don't have time to resolve. Instead, solutions need to be just the right size—and right price—for the business' needs.
Small businesses need to look big on a limited budget. Star2Star provides the key functionality that helps them compete with larger companies without breaking the bank. Benefits include:
- Key System Emulation which replicates existing communications systems, making them simpler for businesses to learn and use.
- Cost Reduction through affordable monthly hardware and lease options to keep capital expenditures down. Bonus feature: These systems use less power and produce less heat than comparable systems.
- Flexible Functionality through phones that provide each employee with the functionality and service options they need to do their job.
Midsize businesses need a lot of flexibility. Star2Star can help them support users at multiple locations, including remote workers, with benefits that include:
- Dynamically pooling and bursting lines that support the peaks and valleys of their business cycle while keeping overall monthly costs low.
- Scalable service that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
- Call Recording available in both cloud-based and on-premise versions, allow businesses to monitor employee performance, maintain accurate customer records and provide regulatory compliance.
- Effortless call transfers to different locations, made possible because our system operates in the cloud. This allows the entire phone system—including multiple offices and at-home workers—to operate as a single, unified system. When demand is high, calls can be routed – automatically – and at no cost - to different locations, helping keep customer satisfaction high.
- Call Pooling and Bursting that helps keep your monthly telephone costs down by allowing customers to pool calls across locations, while ensuring there are always enough lines available no matter how busy things get with call bursting.
Large enterprises need to manage hundreds of employees working at different locations across the country, many of them constantly on the go. Star2Star’s solutions are robust enough to handle many enterprise environments. Benefits include:
- Scalability allowing your phone system to handle as much traffic as you can throw at it, with the ability to scale when need dictates.
- Mobile features designed specifically for on-the-go employees. Find Me/Follow Me, iPhone app, instant messaging, and more features ensure businesses are never out of contact with offices or customers.
- Audio and video conferencing for groups, even if users are scattered across the the nation.
- Contact center solutions that help businesses manage and operate inbound call centers, whether a business has one or several call center locations.
One element that businesses of all sizes do have in common is the need for disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities. Disasters can render a physical office unusable for extended periods, but business operations will be alive and well thanks to Star2Star’s built-in disaster recovery safeguards. In the event of a power outage or Internet connection failure, Star2Star can instantly re-route incoming calls to cell phones or different offices, store voicemails, emails, and instant messages remotely, and more.
With capabilities that match the needs of businesses of all sizes, Star2Star has it covered when it comes to UC.