“Spring is the time of plans and projects,” according to Leo Tolstoy. If you haven’t yet added unified communications (UC) to your business, the time is now to start sowing the seeds of improved communications and collaboration that UC brings to the workplace. Why now? Because you’re behind your competitors if your UC deployment has not yet fallen on fallow ground, as UC applications are increasingly being deployed in the workplace. The technology is already used by half of businesses today, with more than three quarters planning to deploy UC in the future, according to an article in InformationWeek.
These high projected adoption rates reflect the benefits that the technology delivers, including the following five, according to research conducted by Chadwick Martin Bailey:
- Improved collaboration with voice and video conferencing: Over 75 percent of user organizations experienced an increase in productivity among employees dispersed across locations. The technologies also helped 64 percent of these companies to reduce travel costs by 10 percent.
- Employee time savings with presence and IM: Nearly half of user organizations saved up to 20 minutes per employee daily using presence to locate workers on the first try. Some 54 percent saved as much time by escalating chats into Web conferences.
- Travel reduction with telepresence: Forty-six percent of user organizations realized travel savings of more than five days per employee annually, and 68 percent reported productivity improvements between geographically disparate work groups.
- Increased mobile worker productivity from a multitude of UC features: Some 33 percent of user organizations saved 11 to 20 minutes per employee daily for corporate directory access, click-to-dial, presence and visual voicemail on mobile devices. Sixty-seven percent reported increased mobile worker productivity and faster problem resolution.
- Rise in first call resolution with UC technology: As many as 41 percent of user organization contact centers reported a 6 percent to 10 percent increase in first call resolution. Some 33 percent reported a decrease in average call response times by 11 percent to 25 percent. Nineteen percent reported a striking 26 percent to 50 percent reduction in monthly telecom charges.
Whether you’ve already planned your move to UC or need to do so, take the next step now to reap the benefits that the technology will bring your organization in terms of cost savings and productivity. Spend this spring preparing your business to blossom.