So you’ve finally decided to ditch your antiquated legacy phone system, but you aren't sure whether to deploy your new phone system in-house or in the cloud. Sound familiar?
There are a number of considerations businesses should take into account before abandoning their existing phone system. While some opt for an on-premise PBX —in hopes of having more control and enhanced reliability—bringing your phone system in-house can come with a number of disadvantages. So how is your on-site PBX holding you back? Let’s take a look:
- High Cost: Cost is always top of mind for businesses and every penny saved matters. On-premise systems require a large upfront investment, whereas cloud-based VoIP systems have a much smaller upfront cost. Moreover with VoIP, businesses are charged on a “need now” basis, paying only for the online server processing, storage and bandwidth they require.
- Complex Expansion: With an on-premise system, expansion can be complex, time consuming and costly – just ask anyone who’s moved or expanded their on-premise phone system. However, with a cloud-based system, the risk and work falls squarely on the shoulders of the cloud provider. Moreover, a cloud-based system scales with your business, with the ability to add new features and lines without any new hardware requirements.
- Features and Functionality: Having an on-premise PBX gives you some of the features you want, but with a cloud-based system that also has a device on-premise, like Star2Star, you get everything you want in a communications system and more. We give you the control and flexibility that you are looking for as well as the built in Quality of Service (QoS) and disaster recovery.
- No Scalability: While you may have the leisure of doing what you want with your equipment, on-premise systems can be limited as you may not have the resources or expertise to implement new features or upgrades or add other locations.
- Difficult Implementation: Implementing an on-premise system can be a nightmare. Moreover, it’s not future proof. Conversely, a cloud-based system can scale with your business and is cheaper, quicker and easier to implement.
Click here to learn more about Star2Star’s unique approach to unified communications.