Customer satisfaction is such a key factor in today’s modern business world that the products you sell (no matter how good of a job that you do) will not sustain your business if your customer service is subpar. As a matter of fact, three in five Americans (59 percent) would try a new brand or company for a better service experience, according to an American Express survey.
On the flip side, providing superior customer service can significantly improve your bottom line. Take a look at how doing just that has turned out for Amazon.com, ranked the No. 1 American company for customer service for five consecutive years. Amazon’s $34 billion annual revenues make it the top-selling e-retailer in the world, serving 137 million customers each week.
Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has said, “If there’s one reason we have done better than our peers in the Internet space over the last six years, it is because we have focused like a laser on customer experience.”
As a telecom reseller, you already know the importance of providing products or services that meet or surpass your customers’ expectations. Still, today’s heightened focus on satisfaction as a key differentiator for your business strongly suggests that it should be an even greater priority going forward.
So how do you choose a telecom partner that will optimally support your customer service efforts? Let’s run down a list of the factors you should consider when looking to team up with a telecom company:
- Clearly delineated product features and benefits: Any company with which you partner should provide brochures or other materials that will help you clearly explain its products and services to your customers. The information should highlight product reliability, quality, and other business benefits.
- 24/7 tech support: You want a telecom partner that will provide dedicated support specifically to the reseller channel and be continuously available to help you and your customers troubleshoot issues with setup, installation, and ongoing usage and maintenance of its equipment and services.
- Simple and comprehensive billing: You don’t want your customer invoicing process to upend your customer relationships by frustrating or confusing them. Billing should clearly designate the services for which fees are being assessed and offer customers a variety of billing options from bundled services to consumption-based pricing.
- Training: To be an effective telecom reseller, you need to be able to explain the nuances and unique functionalities of the products you offer. Accordingly, search for a telecom provider that provides ample training, enabling you to successfully market, design, implement, and support its solutions.
- Evolving and innovative products: There are a number of technological innovations revolutionizing the sector from cloud to mobility to big data. Search for a partner that can keep up with evolving trends and demonstrate product value to your target audience on an ongoing basis.
For help in locating a telecom partner that can provide provide your customers with the world’s most complete and scalable unified communications platform, look no further than Star2Star. As a Star2Star partner, you’ll experience the highest customer retention rate (99.85 percent) in the telecom industry.
As a matter of fact, an independent survey conducted by Dun & Bradstreet generated an overall score of 92 percent for Star2Star customer satisfaction across nine different areas including cost, order accuracy, personnel, delivery, quality, responsiveness, business relations and reliability.
For more information on becoming a Star2Star partner and boosting your customers’ satisfaction through the roof: